NEW RESIDENTS MUST:
- Complete a water services application/service agreement
- Provide a copy of driver's license
- Make applicable deposit
DEPOSITS/FEES: The deposit covers water, sewer (if applicable) and garbage collection services.
- Owner occupied - Deposit of $125 and a $25 non-refundable account establishment fee is required
- Garbage service only - Deposit of $50 and a $25 non-refundable account establishment fee
- Rental property - Deposit of $125.00 and a $25.00 non-refundable establishment fee
- Commercial property - Deposit of $200.00 and a $25.00 non-refundable establishment fee
Any balance remaining after payment of the final bill will be refunded once the account is closed.
If water is disconnected as a result of non payment: Reconnection fee $50.00 during business hours
Reconnection fee $75.00 after business hours
Emergency Service Calls
Emergency cut offs are available during normal business hours Monday through Friday, however, City staff is available on an on-call basis, to assists with emergency cutoffs after hours. To get emergency service after hours please call 972-775-3333.
Customers are reminded that the meter, associated meter equipment, and the meter box are City Property. Penalties may be applied to accounts when this equipment is manipulated without authorization.
Note: If your service has been disconnected and you make a payment, you MUST call Ovilla City Hall at 972-617-7262 to restore service. Payments take up to 24 hours to post to the account.
Note: All payments are due on the 15th of every month
City Hall-in person
You may bring your payment to City Hall during normal business hours Monday through Friday. We accept cash, check, money orders, and credit cards. Please be advised, anytime you use a credit or debit card as your form of payment, a 3% fee will be applied to the total. Ovilla City Hall is located at 105 S Cockrell Hill Rd.
You may place your payment in the Night Deposit Box that is located in front of the building at any time. Please note on all envelopes your name, address and account number. Contents of the box are picked up once per business day at 8:00 am. Payments made after the daily pickup will be received and posted the following business day.
On the Web
Customers can register their account on the city website at www.cityofovilla.org to manage account information and pay your monthly bill. Payments on the web may be made with a credit/debit card or check. There is a 3% fee per transaction when a credit/debit card is used and a $1.00 fee to use a check online. Please call the Utility Department at (972) 617-7262 during business hours for assistance with your online account.
You may pay your utility bill using your personal bank account by providing your bank with appropriate billing information. (Please be aware that when using this method, the date you specify for the payment will be the date the bank mails your payment. Therefore, please allow for mailing time when specifying your payment date so that your payment won't be late. Payments received after the due date will be assessed late fees.)
Payments by check, cash, or money orders may be mailed to:
City of Ovilla
105 S Cockrell Hill Rd
Ovilla, TX 75154
Automated Check Payment (ACH) or Credit Card Payment
You may sign up for reoccurring monthly ACH bill payments or credit card payments. This payment is an electronic transfer of funds from your checking account or credit card, to the City, and actual transfers take place on the payment due date, which is always the 15th. This transfer is immediate and your utility account is credited the same day that funds are debited from your bank account. There is a $1.00 fee per transaction when using a check and a 3% fee per transaction when using a credit/debit card. You may sign up for this service online on our city website, or by coming into city hall and filling out the form during normal business hours.
Water Leak Adjustment to Bill
- The City offers leak adjustments to customers under certain circumstances to encourage repair of the leak and to limit the amount of wasted water. A customer may receive 1 leak adjustment during a 12-month period. When requested by the customer, the Utility Department will adjust a water bill upon presentation of a paid plumber's statement/receipt that indicates:
- The leak has been repaired
- The type of repairs made
- The water leak was not reasonably detectable from the surface (The Customer Service Representative may request additional information before determining if a water leak was reasonably detectable based upon the facts presented.)
You will be notified on the outcome of the approval. If the request for adjustment is approved, the utility department will notify you of the new amount due.