May 7, 2022, General Election Information
|Election Contact Information:|
Bobbie Jo Taylor
102 S. Cockrell Rd.
Ovilla Texas 75154
|Date of next General Election:|
May 7, 2022
Last day to file for a place on the ballot:
February 18, 2022, by 5:00 p.m.
Last day to file as a write-in candidate:
February 22, 2022, by 5:00 p.m.
|Elected Officials: |
Mayor Richard Dormier
Place 1 Rachel Huber
Place 2 Dean Oberg
Place 3 David Griffin
Place 4 Mayor Pro Tem Doug Hunt
Place 5 Mike Meyers
|Term Expiration Date:|
Candidate filing requirements:
In accordance with the standard eligibility requirements to be a candidate for an election position or appointment to a city office, a person must meet the following: (TX Election Code Section 141.001)
- Be a United States Citizen
- Be 18 years of age or older on the first day of the term to be filled at the election or on the date of appointment, as applicable
- Have not been determined by a final judgment of a court exercising probate jurisdiction to be;
- Totally mentally incapacitated
- Partially mentally incapacitated without the right to vote
- Have not been finally convicted of a felony from which the person has not been pardoned or otherwise released from the resulting disabilities.
- Mayor: Resident of Texas for 1 year prior to the filing deadline and a City of Ovilla resident 1 year prior to election day, Council Member: Resident of Texas for 1 year prior to the filing deadline, and a City of Ovilla resident 6 months prior to election day
- Must be a registered voter in the City of Ovilla by the filing deadline (Local Government Code Section 22.032, Election Code Section 141.001
May 7, 2022, General Election will require an application form to be turned into the City Secretary located at 102 S. Cockrell Hill Rd. Ovilla, Texas 75154. Filing for a place on the ballot is set by state statute and will run from January 19 to February 18, 2022.
Filing Documents including the 2022 Candidate Packet will be uploaded to this site as soon as they become available.
Per the Sec. of State's CSO-3449 Advisory of August 3, 2020, candidate applications may be filed:
- In person, with the City Secretary's office at City Hall
- By mail; an application submitted by mail is considered to be filed at the time of its receipt by the appropriate filing authority. (Secs. 143.007(b); 144.005(b));
- By fax (972-515-3221) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org - A signed, sworn, scanned candidate application. Please be advised that an application must be notarized prior to filing via fax or email.